It's MSG for your head!







Thursday, September 22, 2011

Procrastination

            I think procrastination is in the blood. 
            The overall bedlam from which our individual personality traits are derived… blah blah blah.  It’s no different than whatever it is that makes a person mean, or flighty, or spectacular in bed.  You can train it to an extent one way or the other.  But all in all, you’re born with it.
           
            I grew up listening to the old folks complaining about, “It’s gonna rain, I can feel it in my knees.” 
            I’ve been arthritic since I was twelve.  Growing pains just about had me bedridden.  But I’ve never been able to predict the weather.  Instead, I can feel it all over in my joints the day after a big storm.  Or, if it’s a few days of bad weather, for the first couple/few days after.

            I’m late all the time.  I’m never ready to go when everyone else is.  I have a true warrior’s work ethic (when it comes to the writing) and I still don’t get that much done. 
            I gave up apologizing for it a long time ago.  What can I say? 
It’s in my blood.  It’s in my bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment