It's MSG for your head!







Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Chili Bravado

             One of the guys made chili today.  Sweet and spicy chili.  It’s still too soon to tell how much damage it’s going to do coming out the other end, but for now it remains a good decision. 

           I don’t spend a lot of time cooking, just because I like my food bold and zesty, and people tend to disagree with my liberal use of seasonings and hot stuff.  And, I admit, I fix a tasty dish and people shake their heads at me and tell me, “I don’t like it!” and chances are, I’m gonna get upset.  Words will be exchanged.  Feelings hurt.  Counseling may be in order by the end of it.
            All in all, it’s just easier to let Liz do the cooking.

            I’m not so sure any of this factored into Cody’s thinking today.  I’m pretty sure he made it as far as, “I’m hungry.”  “Chili sounds good.”  And he set about making food that he thought would be tasty.  I can respect that.  It was excellent chili.  I loved it.  Even if Cody and I were the only two that did.  It was chili with chest hair. 

Reminds me of an old recipe.

Chili Bravado Americana

  • three parts warmth and compassion
  • one part overconfidence
  • one part blind adventure 

…simmer over open flame, stirring occasionally… unless you’re really hardcore, or you live in Texas, in which case, hire a Mexican to stir occasionally…

           

No comments:

Post a Comment