It's MSG for your head!







Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Depends on the Huggies

             I really hate it when somebody says something stupid and people take that photograph of a moment and they think they know you.  Call you names.  Talk down to you like you’re stupid.  Because of a comment you made.  So, with that said—it ain’t like that.  I’m not saying the girl’s stupid.  And I’m not saying Liz is stupid.  It was just a funny thing that happened.

            I had just gotten home and Liz was sitting on the couch and I knelt down on the floor and gave her a hug, and rested my head on her shoulder.  She had already told me but only then remembered to tell Jonalyn that her test results came back and she officially does not have cancer. 
            I had been hounding her for weeks to get the test done.
            She told Jonalyn, “That’s how they found Brock’s mom’s cancer.”
            The two of us were still sort of hugging.
            Jonalyn asked, “They were hugging?”
            (They found it on a routine mammogram, found it early, and she is in full remission, doing quite well for herself.)
            Liz, myself, Cody, well, we got a pretty good laugh out of the deal.  Jonalyn just sat there and waited it out.  Straight-faced.  Tiny hint of an aggravated smirk.  I told Liz, “I’m tellin’ ya, you’re looking at an eighteen year old Liz, right there.  I’m excited.  She’s gonna be extra weird, ‘cause she got a headstart.  You're mom wasn't weird like you.”
            Liz put her hand behind her daughter’s head and pulled her close and said, “Oh my poor baby!  Mama loves you always!” and fake wept. 

            As far as the title goes, in this scenario Liz is representin’ with the Depends, while Jonalyn is sportin’ the Huggies. 

            I don’t know what that’s supposed to mean, and I apologize ahead of time to Liz and Jonalyn.  It just sounded really funny to me.  It’s late.  I miss you guys.  I’m all alone.  I love you.  You’re not mad, are you?


No comments:

Post a Comment